Pension Transfer Claims
0203 634 9894

...Enquire today...

By submitting your enquiry, we will use the contact details you have provided to contact you about your potential claim(s). We will handle your data in accordance with our privacy policy.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does the claim process work?

All Financial Advisers (IFA’s) are regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) so if we find they have broken FCA rules regarding the sale of a financial product/service we will first submit a complaint letter to the Adviser themselves. They then have 8 weeks to uphold or reject the complaint.

If the Adviser rejects the complaint we will then submit your complaint to the FOS (Financial Ombudsman Service). They are an impartial service set up by Parliament to mediate in dispute cases between financial service providers and the people who use them. If they decide someone has been treated unfairly they have legal powers to put things right. The maximum amount of compensation the FOS can award is £150,000.

If we find an adviser at fault for financial mis-selling who is no longer trading, we can direct the claim to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

The FSCS is the UK's statutory fund of last resort for customers of financial services firms. The FSCS deals with claims against authorised firms (those regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority) that are unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against them. This will generally be because a firm has stopped trading and has insufficient assets to meet claims, or is in insolvency. The FSCS is an independent body, set up under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). The maximum amount of compensation the FSCS can award is £50,000.

How long does the claims process take?

This depends on which organisation deals with the complaint and the complexity of the complaint.  In line with FCA guidelines your case should be dealt with within 4-8 weeks.  However, for more complex cases the time frame may be significantly longer.  Whatever the case we will keep you updated regularly and inform you of estimated time scales. 

What happens if my claim is rejected?

It is not uncommon for your pension claim to be rejected in the first instance. However, if your claim is rejected and we believe you still have a strong case for compensation we can take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

How much does it cost?

We do not charge any upfront costs for our services. All compensation claims are handled independently and you will be billed for our services following the resolution of your case. Our fees are 25% plus VAT. This is applied to the full compensation amount which you are offered by your bank or lender following the successful settlement of your claim. If you choose to cancel the contract after the cooling off period we reserve the right to charge an administration fee.

Right to Cancel

You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.  The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.

To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us at Charterhouse Claims Limited, PO Box 3268, South Croydon, CR2 1AZ,, 0203 634 9894 of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. By telephone OR a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail).

You may use the sample cancellation form below, but it is not obligatory.  To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.

Cancellation Notice

Charterhouse Claims Limited,
PO Box 3268,
South Croydon,
CR2 1AZ,, 0800 4083847

I/We* hereby give notice that I/We * cancel my/our * contract for the supply of the following service *

Ordered on */ received on *

Name of consumers:
Address of consumers:

Signature of consumers (only if this form is notified on paper):


*Delete as appropriate